welcome to Bingley Medical Practice
If you have either...
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
...you must stay at home and self-isolate for 7 days (if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms).
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
- Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.
If you have these symptoms, but...
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
...then get advice from the online 111 Coronavirus Service.
We are changing the way we work to reduce the spread of this infection. Our aim is to deliver care remotely, using eConsult and telephone consultations wherever possible, to reduce the number of people who need to come to the building.
Please help us to help you - and those who are more vulnerable.
If you need to contact us about any matter, please use the eConsult system if you can. This helps us by collecting useful information about your problem, so we can help you much more efficiently.
You can still telephone us, but lines are likely to be busy. We also need those telephone lines ourselves to call people who need us. Please be considerate.
Please do not come to Canalside or Crossflatts Surgery unless you have been told to do so.
Dr. Richard Newell
The best way to avoid catching or spreading the virus is frequent hand washing.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
friends & family
Of our patients surveyed so far, 95% say they would recommnend Bingley Medical Practice to their friends and family.
You can download a graph of the full results here.
Why not take a few minutes to let us know what you think?